Edible protein cookie dough that tastes insanely delicious! You’d never guess it’s made with chickpeas, protein powder, gluten-free, and vegan!
Not sure if you are like me, and my house, but often times when we make cookie dough more of the raw dough gets eaten even before we are able to bake it into cookies.
Being Danielle Joy Fitness I am always looking for a healthy alternative, like my Flourless Black Bean Brownie recipe, in order to fulfill my sweet tooth.
What Makes up the Protein Cookie Dough
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas will be the base of this recipe. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, chickpeas offer a variety of benefits. They are known for improving digestion, helping with weight-loss, and reducing the risk of several diseases.
- Protein: In their natural state, chickpeas are a good source of protein. To add a bit more of a protein punch, and add some additional flavor, I add 2 scoops of my favorite vanilla lean protein, by Tropeaka. You can choose to use your favorite vanilla protein or even skip this ingredient if you prefer.
- Sweetener and Taste: To sweeten up and add some flavor to the chickpeas, you will be using brown sugar, vanilla, and almond butter.
Substitutions, Substitutions, Substitutions
- Nut Butter: You will need to blend this recipe with some type of healthy fat in order to create a creamy and smooth texture. I prefer almond butter, but any nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, etc) will work. In the end, it all comes down to your flavor preference…or what you have left in the cupboard.
- Milk: I know many people, like myself, are dairy-free, therefore, I choose to cook with almond milk. Although you can feel free to substitute this in for coconut milk or regular cows milk if you prefer.
Protein Cookie Dough
- Food Processor
- 3 Cups Chickpeas (Drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Add chickpeas, brown sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, baking soda, and protein powder to food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth then add almond butter. Blend again until smooth.
- Hand mix in chocolate chips. Chill and serve.
Be sure to comment below with your thought on the recipe and tag me on Instagram @DanielleJoyFit so I can see all of your creations!