Water is vital to life itself! Approximately 60% of our body weight is made up of water. In other words, H2O plays an important role in our everyday lives beyond just quenching our thirst. Interested in learning how water can benefit us? Checkout the list below.
Benefits of Drinking Water
- Increase energy level
- Increase your metabolism
- Promoting weight loss (in addition, it is also 0 calories)
- Assists in building and repairing muscles
- Boosts skin health and beauty
- Regulates body temperature
- Boosts your immune system
- Flushes away body waste and therefore, helps digestion
- Prevents kidney damage
- Boosts performance in exercise
- Helps reduce and prevent hangovers (I like adding Liquid IV for an extra boost)
- Lubricates the joints to help with joint, aches, and pains
- Maintains pH balances in your body
- Fights bad breathe
- Natural remedy for headaches
- Curbs appetite (oftentimes, you are just thirty when you think you are hungry)
In conclusion, water plays a significant role in survival. For example, you can go weeks or even years without macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals, but will only survive days without water.
One way to kickstart living healthier is to challenge yourself to drink more water. Try using the SMART goal setting method to keep yourself in check and teach yourself to continue to drink more water each and everyday.