This Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe could not be easier! The batter comes together in minutes, so it is perfect for busy mornings. Just 30-minutes and you will have warm, fluffy muffins bursting with chocolate chips.
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
The ingredient list consists of only 9 items, making this a simple and sweet recipe.
- Flour: Flour is the foundation of these chocolate chip muffins. We will need a thick batter to hold all of the chocolate chips together.
- Sugar: Sugar will sweeten these muffins up.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder will help these muffins rise up.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt: Both of these will help add flavor to our muffins.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil produces a moist, tender muffin.
- Eggs: Eggs add moisture and bind everything together.
- Coconut or Almond Milk: Milk adds plenty of moisture. You can choose to substitute this for your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: This wouldn’t be chocolate chip muffins without chocolate. One of my favorite brands is Enjoy Life.
Don’t Over Mix
When combing the wet and dry ingredients, don’t over mix. You will want to avoid over mixing in order to ensure soft and fluffy chocolate chip muffins. With the thick batter you will be tempted to mix, but you should only need about 20 strokes to mix everything together.
Easy Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Muffins | Dairy Free
- 12-cup Muffin Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Coconut or Almond Milk
- 1 1/3 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 Ounce Package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil, and eggs; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Looking for a way to kill time while these muffins are in the oven? Try one of these 10-min AMRAP workouts.